Friday, March 16, 2012

Beads, Wires and Organizers! Oh my!

So the other night, I was in a bit of a creative void and as I've said before, I will put myself in the craft....EVERYDAY.....no matter what! So my bright idea was to pull out all of my organizing trays and let the beads speak! It actually worked! I'll post the outcome after this....

Here are a few snaps of my stash.  I SO hope for a crafting room again one day.  Just to make it cozy and comfortable, bright and inspiring.  When I first got started, I had a small room.  I think I wrote about it before so I won't bore you with how quickly I out grew it.

Here's my tall cabinet that I keep my containers hidden in when not in use.  I'm a minimalist so I like things hidden.  I don't like open faced shelves.  I mean, I can tolerate them but the mental stimulation of seeing everything is overwhelming.  So this cabinet has doors!   As you can see....I keep my books, patterns, photo albums of my work, shipping supplies, containers and everything jewelry making here.

BUT - I always feel like (and this is completely a contradiction of my "phobia" of too much visual stimulation) but I always feel like, if I can see my beads and their easy to get to, I'll be able to design more.

So I have a table of organizers (which I love) that are easy to get to and I can see my "stuff".  I've been working so the table's a mess.  In a jewelry makers world, this IS a good thing.

The organizer on the right are big storage drawers that are great for holding my wholesale purchases and larger beads.  The one on the left is where I keep my smaller beads.  The two 3 drawer towers are for pendants, connectors, bracelet forms and other odds and ends.

The red storage bins, on the top are miscellaneous beads, some charms and one full of gold jump rings!  I bought wholesale! I'll never need another gold jump ring ever in life! hahahaha!

And here's the piece de resistance!!
I love my beads! *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment