Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Lost and Found!

Yaaaayyyy!!!  The necklace has been "found".  My daughter's friend is going to pass it to my son at school today so hopefully, we'll see it this evening.  *phew!*  I wonder now if my daughter just dropped it some where or if it was actually taken, discovered, convicted and confiscated.  Alls I know.....I'm just glad it's back!

Sooooo, on to today's (well, last night's completed work).....


I LOVE this cuff and the way it turned out!  I had been wanting to work with tila beads.  I love how uniformed they are.  So about a weekend ago on my last run to the bead store (1/23/12) I specifically went with the intention of getting a supply however when I asked where they were displayed, one of the owners (I think she's the owner of the store) suggested these flat square two holed beads.  Same concept, comparative in price/quantity but more variety in color choices, well in that store at least. Also, she mentioned that she preferred the way these beads lay in a project over tilas. Cool.  I'll try these then!

I participate in many jewelry design/beading communities....which is where I learn about different beads, get inspired and purchase patterns.  I first saw tila beads in a few designs by one of my favorite pattern makers/designers Debger Designs and then I saw a similar style by Beadaholique on Youtube video, so I adapted the style for myself and here's what I created.  I like it! *smiles*

I used 11-o rose silver lined seed beads for a decorative fringe edge and a little bit of sparkle, 6mm light rose fire polished czech glass for the center row and the flat square beads.  I did like the overall feel of the cuff after it was completed.  The weight and the "slink" of it feels so luxurious.  After I finished, before putting on the clasps, I wondered if I should have used another color to give a bit of contrast....hmmmm?.....oh well, too late.....I still think it's pretty sexy just the way it is.  


Oh....here's the clasps that I used....worked well for such a wide bracelet....well, I guess it's technically a "cuff" now, right?  I never really know when it qualifies but I do know when it's a bangle! hehehehe :-)

The gold 4 strand sliding clasps gives it that extra kick of elegance I think!  

I must confess...this is probably my least favorite clasps with seed beads....they are a pill to get on!  But with a little patience and focus....it really does make all the difference to the end product!  

I'll try another project with tila beads on another go 'round, just to work with them and compare the results....but I'm happy with what it came out to be.

Whatcha think?

3 comments:

  1. Your work is so pretty! Try the tilas. Theycan be a bit aggravating to work with or itcould justbe the patterns we've tried so far. Debbie Van Tonder on that Fun with Beads group has lots of tila patterns.
    Also, if you don't mind plated, there's a 9-ring tube clasp available that might work for your wider cuffs. Pretty sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...Yep that's her etsy shop! I love her designs! I'll have to look for that clasp! Definitely seems like it would be perfect for this style!

    ReplyDelete