Monday, January 30, 2012

Dead or Alive!!

This morning my daughter dropped a bomb on me.  I can't even believe it.  I let her and her brother go over to a "friends" house on Saturday.  They called to ask if it would be ok to stay over.  Ok, fine....whatever.  I'm normally not so easy with letting them stay overnight at friends' unless I've met parents, have telephone numbers and know where the kid lives....but for whatever reason.....I said yes.

So, as I'm getting settled in at work - my "received text" notification sounds and here is the message:
"Someone stole my necklace when I was at kaylees. -LoveOhniee"
My heart sank.
"The bat"?!
When she confirmed that it was.....devastation.

There are sooooo many feelings that I'm having right now, it's hard to find the words....well, I'll take that back.....I have ALOT of words but to just find one that would sum it all up.....the closest I come is "indescribable" .  Though, that doesn't seem to make me feel any better because there's NO expression in that word....ggggrrrrr!!!

Hurt.
Angry.
Disappointed.
Sad.
Pissed.
Raging.
Violated.

Take your pick.

I made that necklace! With my own hands...thought of with my own mind. Assemble from pieces that I bought with my own money! How dare someone take it? It doesn't belong to you!!  There are NO other necklaces out there like this....do you REALLY think you would get away with it, if we saw you on the street?  This is a small world and our city is small so the possibility of us crossing you with it, isn't that far fetched.  *thought direction changed* Did you lose it?  How could you be SO careless and so irresponsible to lose something that I made for you? Something I was so proud of and presented to you for your birthday? When will you take care of your belongings and let them mean something to you enough that you will value what you have? *thought direction changed*  I really liked that necklace. So proud of how it turned out...an accomplishment that I wasn't anticipating.  To make another wouldn't have the same "golden moment" when it's completed.  It's not even unique anymore. Grrrrrrr!!!

You know, I think about all the things that I have....that I've gotten as gifts over the years.  I've had things stolen from me before and I've lost things as well. It's such a crappy feeling to know that somebody may have your things and they'd never understand the sentiment of those things....

Officially bummed for the day!




No comments:

Post a Comment