Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Vampires, werewolves and goblins! Oh my!

So my daughter is going to be 17 in February....geeesh! Where has the time gone?  I remember everything like it was yesterday....the nausea, finding out that I was pregnant, the nausea, the pregnancy, the nausea, my growing belly, the nausea, the delivery....the nausea.  I remember it all so clearly that it's hard to believe in just a few years, she'll be an adult.

Well, I must admit...she has definitely grown into a beautiful young lady with a very VIVID imagination.  As a child, much like my mother did for me, I instilled the love for reading and she took hold!  She devours book after book after book.....I love that so much!  She's very much into Fantasy and Sci Fi...fairies, nymphs, magic, unicorns, vampires, werewolves, goblins, aliens and creatures....Low and behold, "Twilight"...."New Moon"...."Eclipse"...."Breaking Dawn"..."Harry Potter"....."The House of Night" series....and she's locked away in her room. *sigh*

This passed Saturday, we went to the bead store and as I mentioned in my previous blog, we were milling about in the filigree and she saw this bat and her eyes lit up like light bulbs!

"Mom, please! Make me something with this! OMG! Mom!"

Also, from my previous blog, you know that filigree scares the droppings out of me and my first thought..."WHAT THE HECK AM I SUPPOSE TO DO WITH THAT?!"

So I looked at it....turned it over a few times (as if there were instructions on the back)....hmmm??? Nope...nothing there.  Then I realized...."you're on your own, kid.....think"!  Unlike most of the other elements - this bat didn't have any cut outs to hook with a jump ring....and I wasn't sure if I had a jump ring wide enough to fit the wings through without it falling out....so I thought....maybe...I have a tool of some sort that I can put a hole in it....so, the ideas started churning.

After much pondering....here's what I came up with.  I actually REALLY like how it came out!  Because the wings taper at a point then flare out again, the jump rings I have worked pretty well!  I still think I may find something to drill small holes but all and all......I'm happy with it....and SHE LOVES IT!!! And I guess that's all that matters, right?

(yeah, I couldn't wait to give it to her on her birthday, too happy to see her happy!)


Darkness falls across the land
The midnite hour is close at hand 
Creatures crawl in search of blood 
To terrorize y`awl`s neighborhood 
And whosoever shall be found 
Without the soul for getting down 
Must stand and face the hounds of hell 
And rot inside a corpse`s shell 
The foulest stench is in the air 
The funk of forty thousand years 
And grizzly ghouls from every tomb 
Are closing in to seal your doom 
And though you fight to stay alive 
Your body starts to shiver 
For no mere mortal can resist 

The evil of the thriller

(Into maniacal laugh, in deep echo)  
- Vincent Price in Michael Jackson's "Thiller"




No comments:

Post a Comment