Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I'm still here....

Bonjour, mes amis!

Just a quick hello! I've been away a little bit.  My birthday was on Sunday (Feb 19) and I did experience a little bit of a funk....not feeling creative or inspired so a few days have gone by that I haven't created anything.  :-(

On Monday, I went to what used to be one of my favorite bead stores, The Bead Fetish.  They're a little a lot pricey....but they do have some interesting beads.  The staff are always nice and helpful.  I haven't gone to the store in about a year....mainly because of their prices....and because I was doing so much jewelry making - I just couldn't afford it.  So, my daughter and I went to meet up with a friend who just purchased the "Butterfly Garden" earrings & bracelet.  It was a beautiful afternoon.  We walked around Midtown.  Went into some really fun stores, before and after we visited the bead store. I love how eccentric and funky the story is.  Well....it used to be.  Seems they moved over a storefront.  When I went in, I was knocked off kilter for a minute.  I was so lost.  It's not a huge store by far....but something was a muck.  It's just a gallery, lined with beads, tables with filled with bead trays....things looked unusually dusty and the flare...the spark  and fun was gone.  It just wasn't the same bead shopping experience that I'm used to with them.  *sad face*

I picked up a few things, just wire....some head pins....and a small package of beads.  Even that was about $40!

I hope my disappointment isn't discouraging to anybody in the area, the store owner or anybody that should so happen to stumble upon this blog.  But, it was like....*thinking*....it almost felt like seeing a childhood friend after years passed, and they don't recognize you anymore.

Maybe if they painted one of the walls with pink and red polka dots like the one above...The music they play is good!  But....the store....lost a little of its uniqueness.  Have this ever happened to you?  Maybe not even a bead store, but a familiar place that you may not have gone to in a while...but you expect a certain feeling when you get there.....and when you get there....it's all changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment