Thursday, February 9, 2012

After the storm....

Happy Thursday!

One more day and on to the weekend!  I can't wait!  Not that I have much planned or should I say...anything planned at all really, I just need the downtime and the freedom to choose what time I get out of bed!

During the week, it seems as though my days can be so stressful, not ever feeling completely rested each morning.  Between work, teenagers, work, and trying to keep myself focused and committed to creating at least one piece every evening and the energy to blog about it.  :-/  I guess I didn't think I'd  burn out so quickly.

At the start of the week, my work area looked a hot mess! I had stuff EVERYwhere!  The positive side of this wipe-out, when I faced it,  it was a reminder that I am keeping to my promise to myself! Yes!  I am working!  I am creating!  It's a good thing when you see the small victories. You have to remember to pat yourself on the back, sometimes. :-)

HOWEVER, now that I've created this wonderful mess....I can't think!  The clutter has started to crowd my energy, over stimulate my senses and slow me down.

*DEEP BREATH IN*

*EXHALE*
THAT'S BETTER.....

*organizing in progress*
So I started thinking how can I better organize things so I won't end up with a heaping pile of findings, charms, beads and wires.

Hmmmmm.....

So this is what happened ---->

I used to have a small room in the previous house that I lived in.  Some sort of "storage" closet, that was nearly big enough to be called a "small bedroom".  It was great to work in when I first started beading....then when my supplies out grew that space, I moved the table into my bedroom and would run back and forth for beads.  *sigh*

Now in my new place, there is no extra room, so I have to work in the kitchen.  It works I guess.  Sometimes those chairs get pretty uncomfortable. BUT the really great thing I was able to do was , pull out the organizers and put them on the table top!  Now, I'm able to see most of my beads and with them at my fingertips, EASY ACCESS and hardly any clean up! You can find them in the hardware section of Walmart, K-Mart, Targets....or probably just in your regular hardware stores.
These are AWESOME for Bead storage!  
The drawers (as you see in the picture above) come in all different sizes.  One of the two that I have are all the smaller compartments and the other is all of the larger.  Since I'll be looking to get another one, I think this mixed combination will be great!

Well, now that I've gotten all cleaned up and spiffy.....

"Let the designing begin!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment