Friday, January 11, 2013

I'm back......again!

Well, well, well.....

How many times have I "come out of retirement"? hahahaha  but I'm here.  And I have some new pieces to share.

oh!

HapPy New YeaR!!

So during my time away.....I've learned how to crochet.  Well, I've always had really really basic knowledge of crotchet.  But no, I couldn't tell you what a double crotchet was let alone a slip knot. I knew how to hold the hook, I knew about wrapping the yarn and I could go a mean chain stitch!  hahahaha but that's it!

Now that I'm thinking about it,  I'm trying to remember what happened in my life that I felt adopting another hobby was necessary...... hmmm.... *thinking*........you know, I really can't remember.  *shrug*

Since my last post back in July, I took some time off......loosely interpreted.....I got lazy.



I started missing my activity of beading.....or the gratification in a finished piece that I purposed myself to accomplish last year, every evening.  
But I didn't get back to the beads. I just couldn't  "see" a design.  I've also had to dismantle my work area and believe it or not....that took my creativity.  Low and behold, my remedy was crochet. Go Figure....

Beanies and scarves!

Oh, I can now make a beanie in my sleep!  But as the yarn supply started to grow so did the dust on my beads!  I missed making jewelry so.... I did what I thought was most logical and fused the two!  I've seen crochet jewelry before but I knew I couldn't ever be that advanced enough with the crochet to ever learn how....but  it's actually a lot easier than I thought.  So , yes...even after I said "NO MORE YARN OR THREAD"... what did I do ?  Yep! I went out and  got more yarn and thread.
These were one of the very first couple of pairs  that I attempted.  I posted them on my Facebook, and the feedback gave me the confidence boost that I needed.  to get back into gear.  So after watching a few youtubes and desperately trying to read crochet patterns (which I still can't do) I can finally say I've got it.  I can make a pair of earrings in NO time flat.  NOW.....the great part....I can finally crochet Russian Beaded Ropes.....*swoon*......
I've wanted to do crochet beaded ropes since I've been beading an now I think I'm skilled enough to do it!  So I hope you'll stay tuned....  

No comments:

Post a Comment