Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Transformation

Happy Tuesday!

I thought it would be fitting to create something to symbolize "new beginnings" and I wasn't quite sure what I would come up with to tell a story.  At the end and beginning of every year, most people take the time to reflect on all the things that they've endured over the past 12 months and/or what they look forward to in the days coming.  There's something so "magical" about that small window of time. :-)

For 2012, I made one resolution.  I resolved that I would be thankful for the gift of 365 days of opportunities to "get it right".  For me, getting it right encompasses growing spiritually, emotionally and mentally; looking at old situations with new vision; loving myself and all that I am; expressing love to those around me and being every bit of "Joye". Yeah, there are things I'd like to accomplish but I release myself of disappointments if I....well, just don't get around to them all.  Hey! I'm only one person!

So, here's a confession.

Last year, I really thought about packing up all my stocked supplies and blessing my jewelry designer friends with packages so that they could create.  Why?  Simply put, envy.   I started comparing my design aesthetic to theirs and other designers who's work I've seen in the many networking circles that I'm connected to and started feeling like....."I have absolutely NO style....NO look....NO signature....NO NAME".  Ugggg.... everything I make is different....there's no cohesion to what I do....just a hodgepodge of nothing.  I admire that about the work I've seen from others....and it really started to get me down.  Then I realized....I am hodgepodge!  I like different!  I am different....and there are MANY layers to my personality!  So just maybe...just maybe....there's a following that can appreciate variety like me!

I hope that you NJoye this new set.....representing new life, new ideas and a new start!

"Butterfly Garden"

5 comments:

  1. *giving you the side eye & a hug at the same time*

    No need to envy!! I'm glad you finally realized that there is room for us ALL.

    Those earrings are GORGEOUS! Keep going & growing...You DO have a following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you put this: 365 days of opportunities to get it right. Amen!

    Your earrings are lovely, and there is room for all of us flowers in God's garden. Don't pack up your beads. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carpe diem! And carpe the beads too! Yay for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! I'm glad that you are here!

    It was a very trying time for me last year. Life can really bog you down sometimes. I just want so much to design beautiful things. I think I just get ahead of myself and my expectations get out of proportion....but I'm better now! :-)

    ReplyDelete