Friday, January 6, 2012

Kinda...but not really....

Hmmmm.....?

Hmmmm....?

Yeah, that's basically what I did when I saw the bamboo circles at the craft store.  They were super cute with much potential and cheap! So that was right up my alley....soooooo, I bought 'em.  When I got them home, I had these orange coral seed beads....and I thought the natural texture of the bamboo would be super duper cute.

Hmmmm....?

Hmmmm....?

Then, I got this vision of turquoise somewhere mingled up in there but I wasn't quite sure how I'd incorporate it to the vision I already had.....

Hmmmm....?

Hmmm....?

So I thought the best thing would be, to weave a spiral rope, right?


Well, as I began to "spiral" the colors together....it just wasn't giving me "FABULOUS DAH'LING!"....so I started to lose my inspiration.  I wanted beachy, sexy, layered and different that just simple, multi-strands.....I WANTED JAMAICA! 

Needless to say, this is not Jamaica....maybe somewhere lost off the coast of Miami. *sigh*

Don't get me wrong....I'm pleased with the turn out.  It just didn't go where I wanted...its not quite the vision I had in my head but that's the wonderful...beautiful...thing about jewelry design.  Sometimes, when you go into a project, kinda "willy nilly"....no real mapped out, planned design....the creations are organic.  They become what they want to become and you just go with it to make it wearable. 

Maybe the next trip will get me to Jamaica but for now...I'll settle for South Beach.



No comments:

Post a Comment